The Finance Department is a central office in any organization, the lubricant that oils all operations. In The Kisumu National Polytechnic, the Finance Department has the mandate of designing and implementing sound and effective systems for the management of the institutions’ resources.
The strength or weakness of the finance department will determine the success or failure of an institution. In The Kisumu National Polytechnic, the department comprises highly qualified staffers who are experienced and result oriented.
The 2015 fiscal year marked another consecutive period of positive audit opinions about the institution’s financial statements. This confirms the department’s records present the true financial position of the polytechnic and they are free of falsehoods. To enhance this process, we continue to pursue ICT advancements that can ensure relevant, reliable and timely accounting and management information.
The Kisumu National Polytechnic is an academic hub in the region due to the large number of students who pass through it every year because of the high quality courses, delivered efficiently and at relatively low fees. The department urges the student body to take advantage of the available options to ensure they don’t disrupt their learning process.
Among the available options are:
- Apply for bursaries and HELB loans to ease fee payments (the Dean’s office helps students apply for HELB loans).
- Apply for TVET loans to facilitate the early payment of fees.
- Pay the fees in regular but reliable installments.
We remain committed to being responsible stewards of the resources that the Kisumu National Polytechnic council has entrusted to us.
- Formulation, interpretation and implementation of financial policies, regulations and strategy
- Preparation of annual budgets and budgetary control
- Timely preparation and submission of periodical reports and financial statements
- Institution of controls for enhancing prudent management of resources both financial and non-financial.
- Automation of the fees collection
- Departmental self-training on areas of expertise by all staff to enhance rotation of duties
- To maintain prudent resource management
- To embrace technological advancements in all operations to enhance timeliness efficiency and effectiveness
- To continually monitor and review performance of departmental structures and systems by implementing an effective quality management system based on ISO 9001; 2008
- Facilitate quality service provision through improved system automation in each financial year
- Embracing the polytechnics core values, i.e. teamwork, integrity, quality, innovation, equity, transparency and accountability, environmental stewardship
- To computerize all financial transactions
- To spearhead continuous training programs for staff so that are at par with the dynamic globe
- Enter collaborations with investors to provide affordable alternative accommodation due to insufficient space within the polytechnic
- Supply quality goods and services to students by identified service/goods providers
- Agree with banks to ease payments e.g. through pay as you eat programme